The 2.11 Toolbox is a collection of tools designed to make Simulation Network management easier for Transportation Planners. It provides powerful capabilities for using ArcInfo to manipulate a wide range of EMME/2 inputs and outputs.
You need not be an accomplished ArcInfo expert to use the 2.11 Toolbox -- an intuitive and easy-to-use interface designed for EMME/2 users will help you define and create a wide array of simulation networks for EMME/2.
Some of the capabilities of the 2.11 Toolbox include:
- Comprehensive project-oriented network management. The 2.11 Toolbox makes maintaining multiple simulation networks easy. Simply define projects and network changes in the Project Database, and you can build multiple simulation networks incorporating any combination of these changes, selected individually, by implementation date, or with user-defined categories. Save lists of projects for future use, and automatically generate documentation describing each simulation network.
- Import simulation results into ArcInfo. Now your EMME/2 simulation results can be manipulated in a GIS environment, and combined with existing GIS data. Display data using ArcInfo's "curvy" arcs rather than EMME/2's schematic links. Combine model results with other GIS data to create compelling presentations, or use ArcInfo's powerful GRID module to create a sophisticated air quality model.
- Easier network editing using ArcInfo's powerful editing environment. Many editing tasks that are difficult or tedious in EMME/2 are easier and more straightforward in ArcInfo.
- Link Profiles make editing links easy. By saving frequently used link profiles, you can assign a full range of EMME/2 attributes with a single click of the mouse. Saves time and effort and decreases the possibility of error.
- Support for turn functions. Turn functions and prohibitions can optionally be associated with any project in the Project Database, and will only appear in a particular EMME/2 simulation network if the associated project does.
- Automatically add geographic information to links. By defining various geographic regions, you can easily tag EMME/2 links that fall into them. Use different region definitions for different studies. Make use of existing ArcInfo coverages (such as urban boundaries or census tracts), or create your own.
- Add screen line information to EMME/2 links. It is easy to flag all EMME/2 links crossing a series of screen lines by direction. Different sets of screenlines can be used when building different networks.
- Fully integrated NetCheck utilities verify network consistency. A full array of network checking utilities are integrated into the 2.11 Toolbox. These help locate and repair a wide range of problems, including invalid attribute values, missing centroids, duplicate links, invalid turn functions, and other common network problems.
- Comprehensive online documentation. Full HTML documentation is available to help you learn how to use the 2.11 Toolbox. Covers advanced topics such as internal data structure as well as day-to-day use.
- Full source code available. It is easy to customize the 2.11 Toolbox to meet your particular modeling needs because all source code is available.
- Extra Add-Ons extend the capabilities of the 2.11 Toolbox. Now you can easily manipulate EMME/2 zone ensembles visually, editing existing ones, or creating entirely new ones. Another tool creates EMME/2 annotation files from existing ArcInfo coverages, so you can easily add zone boundaries, rivers, city limits, and other data directly to your EMME/2 plots.
- Coming Soon: Visual turn function editor and display tool will make manipulating and displaying turn functions easier than ever.